Mom Can Stay has created a program that allows seniors to safely stay in their home by providing ongoing handyman home maintenance services, large home improvement project advocacy, On-Demand technology support and a comprehensive Wellness portal which integrates Activity of Daily Living monitoring, socialization, 2 way video chat for family or health care providers, medication compliance, Smart Home automation and brain fitness. Seniors will not need computer skills to use this system!
According to AARP, a strong majority of adults over the age of 65 prefer to stay in their home with only 4% wanting to move into a nursing home. The reasons people are forced to move revolve mainly around the following issues:
Interior and Exterior home maintenance
Health and Safety issues
Problems with technology
Loneliness / Inability to communicate with friends and family
Mom Can Stay has created an affordable, safe and professional solution to these issues.
If Mom or Dad are forced into a retirement home or request full time live in help it can easily cost between $5,000 and $10,ooo per month . The Mom Can Stay program provides these services for $199 per month....while keeping Mom and Dad safe at home!
How Does it Work?
* Mom Can Stay will send out a professional handyman to visit the home each month for 2 hours each visit to complete a suite of 60 annual items to keep the home safe and functional as well as working on small home projects like light electrical, plumbing, painting etc. as the needs arise.
* Our In Home Advocate will provide up to one hour of phone support to keep Mom's Wellness portal updated with her changing needs. We can remotely update her system to accommodate new reminders, medications, engagements with family, alerts or anything else she needs to keep her safe and the family informed and engaged.
* Our In Home Advocate will be the liaison for our On-Demand technology support program that covers computers, tablets, cell phones, social media use and limited software programs.
* Our In Home Advocate will work with Mom to handle any large home improvement or repair issues that arise. Mom can choose to use one of our pre-vetted contractor partners that offers a volume discount OR she can choose any other contractor in the area and we will overlay our Large Project Advocacy program onto that vendor at no additional charge.
Our In Home Advocates must pass a rigorous background review that includes a BCI state background check, FBI national background check, State Driving record, credit check, work history and strict personal reference checks. And that is just the start: Each one of our In Home Advocates must have impeccable references, become a Certified Age In Place Advocate, and maintain a clean driving record! Our handymen must pass all the above background criteria, be of impeccable character and have proven home maintenance skills. Each of our representatives will be fully insured prior to entering your home... Read More...
Mom Can Stay has been an incredible blessing for our family. I'm not sure what Mom would have done without them watching over her.
We have known Todd and Andrea for over 20 years. Todd has worked on numerous home improvement projects for us. We trust him in our home and our parents home.
- Chris and Sherri S. Pickerington, Ohio
CONTACT US 24/7
Delaware, Knox and Morrow Counties in Central Ohio